Transcendent Ideas and Matters of Faith
The written word provides insights and exposes truths not possible through any other medium. The collection of books, reflections, and writings we’ve gathered here create an anthology of faith that serves as an important resource for any pilgrim of faith searching for clarity on the road to a deeper relationship with God. Please click on the links in this section for access to a world of inspiring ideas and interpretations of faith.
- Sharing & Caring – a quarterly publication of the Sisters – available in hard-copy or online
- Sisters of the Precious Blood – history by Sr. Helen Weber
- Women in Ministry and the Writings of Paul by Sr. Karen Elliott
- Silence: Everyday Living and Praying by Sr. Joyce Ann Zimmerman
- Staying in the Fire: A Sisterhood Responds to Vatican II by Phyllis M. Kittel; WovenWord Press, 2008 – A candid exploration into the impact of change. To read a review, click here.
- Leaning Toward the Invisible by Sr. Benita Volk
- Red + Gold, A Spirituality of the Sisters of the Precious Blood for Everyone by Sister Joyce Ann Zimmerman
- Not with Silver or Gold a History of the Sisters of the Congregation of the Precious Blood, Salem Heights, Dayton, Ohio, 1834-1944. Written by Sister Octavia Gutman, C.PP.S.; published in 1945 (out of print – no copies available). Not with Silver or Gold is the first published history of Maria Anna Brunner and the founding of the Sisters of the Precious Blood in 1834, and their ministries in Switzerland and America. To view photos from the book, click here.
- Taste Buds by Sr. Thelma Marie Wurzelbacher
- Sacraments in Red by Sr. Benita Volk
- More than the Doing Sisters of the Precious Blood, Dayton, Ohio, 1936-1966. Written by Sister Janet Davis Richardson, CSJP and Sister Canice Werner, C.PP.S. (out of print – no copies available). The history of the Sisters of the Precious Blood in from 1936-1966.