We have dedicated our lives to serving God by serving others and the pursuit of understanding through our Precious Blood Spirituality and Eucharistic prayer. And over the course of more than 175 years, we’ve created a proud history filled with rich traditions and interesting perspectives. Read on for an abridged “overhead view” of the Sisters of the Precious Blood in Dayton, Ohio.
- We are a Roman Catholic faith community; Precious Blood spirituality and Eucharistic prayer form the cornerstone of our life and ministry
- Founded by Mother Maria Anna Brunner in Switzerland in 1834
- The first Precious Blood sisters came to the United States in 1844
- Today we serve in the United States and around the world. In the United States we can be found in in Arizona, California, Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio. Globally, we serve in Chile and Guatemala, and respond to emergency situations as they arise, wherever they arise
- Our sisters serve in a wide variety of ministries including education, peace and justice, healthcare, ecology, and emergency response
Urged by the redeeming love of Jesus the Christ and rooted in Eucharistic prayer, we Sisters of the Precious Blood proclaim God’s love by being a life-giving, reconciling presence in our fractured world.